Monday, October 27, 2014

What did she really mean?

I am not a follower of "How To Get Away With Murder" (ABC crime series) but when the latest episode was playing in the background, I was startled enough to sit up and take note when one female character said to her lawyer "I've been staring at the wall for three days. f I don't get some company soon, I might go red rum all over your ass.   But something tells me you might be into that."

This piece of modern patois is completely alien to me.   I came across the term redrum some years ago as a word play based on the fact it is the word murder spelled backwards.   But that usage does not seem to easily fit the context of two potential suitors chatting each other up.

So I am definitely non-plussed, and feel that I ought not to be.   So, dear reader, if you can shed some light, by all means drop me an email to share your arcane knowledge of this beguiling topic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment